We want visitors to our website to be able to take part fully in the activities and offers we provide. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting YOUR WEBSITE you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the GDPR 2018, the data controller is Your Name of Company Name (referred to in this policy as “we”).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
- Newsletters: We have several newsletters that keep readers up-to-date with information on events and offers etc. If you would like to subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so that we can send the newsletter to you.
We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, age, sex and location so that we can personalise your newsletters.
- Prize Promotions: We sometimes run competitions and prize draws and, in addition to your answer or entry, we will require you to send us certain information, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to administer the promotion and for any other purpose to which you consented when you entered.
- Email and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us letters or emails or by filling in contact forms on one of our websites. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
What are cookies?
If you don’t wish to enable cookies, you’ll still be able to browse the site.
Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors. We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we’re clear about your privacy when using our website.
Our cookies policy
To make full use of the features on Your Website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies.
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Your Website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Website (Browser) Opt-Out
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain Cookies and Similar Technologies or notify you before accepting cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link and you should review the cookies policy of the relevant third party to find out more about their cookies.
Mobile App Opt-Out
To limit tracking for advertising purposes on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” for Android. Please keep in mind that as the mobile environment continues to evolve, additional opt-out mechanisms or privacy settings may become available. We encourage you to review the information on opt-outs and settings that device manufacturers, technology companies and industry associations make available to you also. More Information For further information about Cookies and Similar Technologies and how to exercise your choices, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
‘Strictly necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these Strictly necessary cookies to…
- Identify you as being logged in to Your Website
- Make sure you connect to the right feature on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
- Cookies we have defined as ‘Strictly necessary’ cookies will NOT be used to…
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example, which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don’t collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use ‘Performance’ cookies to…
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- See how effective our adverts are (we don’t use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites)
- Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website.
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
Cookies we have defined as ‘Performance’ cookies will NOT be used to…
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
- Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
‘Targeting’ cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as ‘Like’ buttons and ‘Share’ buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use ‘Targeting’ cookies to…
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
We may from time to time use pixels from advertising providers like Facebook, and Google Adwords in order to deliver ads that are relevant to you and your interests. These cookies can track your browsing history across our websites. If you wish to prevent these cookies you can opt out of these cookies through your device’s browser security settings or via any account you have with the advertising providers. If you would like more specific information about how to change your browser settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
We also use the Facebook Pixel, which (if you are a Facebook user) enables us to deliver adverts that are relevant to you via Facebook. The Facebook Pixel is a cookie that collects information about your visit to our site (such as your IP address ). That information is relayed to Facebook by the Facebook Pixel. If you do not have a Facebook account the data is not used and is deleted. If you have a Facebook account, Facebook can then recognise you from your IP address the next time you log in to Facebook and deliver advertising to you based on the information it collected from your visit to our site. If you wish to stop the Facebook Pixel from collecting information, you can do so by changing your settings in your account: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Account related cookies
These cookies are necessary to enable users on our site to browse and purchase titles. These help perform essential functionality such as remembering what items you have added to your shopping cart, keeping you logged in to your shopping account or remembering your order number.
Some features used on this website may involve a cookie being sent to your computer by a third party. For example, if you view or listen to any embedded audio or video content you may be sent cookies from the site where the embedded content is hosted. Likewise, if you share any content on this website through social networks (for example by clicking a Facebook “like” button or a “Tweet” button) you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies so please check the websites of these third parties for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How to manage cookies
To make full use of this site, your device must be set to accept cookies otherwise some of its functionality (for example online shopping) may not work.
If you nevertheless want to restrict, block or disable cookies, you can do so by changing your browser settings. If you would like more specific information about how to change your browser settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org, which has detailed information for each browser as well as more information about cookies in general.
Further information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
A guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website section: http://www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy
Third Party Sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
GDPR SPECIFIC INFORMATION
For the purposes of GDPR regulations:
- The Data Controller is Your Name
- Our Lawful Basis is “Consent” for all databases and “Contract for purposes of the processing of payments of products or services.
124 Pepe Road
RESOURCES & FURTHER INFORMATION